Last year I wrote and shared a tutorial for making Christmas stockings from a sweater.
I’m not sure that it caught the attention of very many people….on December 19th.
Don’t you think most everyone probably already had their stockings ready for Santa?
It seems to me that it would be a lot more helpful to be inspired to try your hand at creating a sweater stocking for Christmas on November 19.
Or even the November 16. So…that’s what I am doing here…
This was a super easy project. Just what I like.
The most difficult part of the project was drawing out the shape of the stocking. I wanted mine to have the toe pointing down a bit. I just like that look rather than a square boxy look.
I could go on and pretty much tell you right now how to create your own sweater stocking for Christmas, it’s really that easy. But, instead, how about you click on over to see the detailed tutorial:
After you make your stocking…’cause I know you want one too…please be sure to share a photo of yours at AED on Facebook.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Catch up on all that’s Extraordinary…
this week at An Extraordinary Day:
It was an Extraordinary week here on the blog.
Here’s a rundown of this week’s posts…
- Fall Nesting ~ The Process :: The Week at a Glance 11/02 This was a throw-back post from last fall when I had fun fluffing my “new” sideboard….over and over and over again.
- How to Get Wisdom and Joy :: Joy Day! We’re talking about ‘fearing’ God and what that means. You’ll have to stop by to see where ‘joy’ fits in the picture…it does.
- It’s Time to Plant and Grow Paperwhites This was another post that I originally posted in late December. Since Paperwhites are such favorites of mine for decorating, I wanted to give you the chance to pick up some and do some super easy indoor gardening, NOW.
- Mixing Gold and Silver for Thanksgiving :: Tablescape Last year I put together a gorgeous table for New Years. It occurred to me that that very same tablescaping would perfect for a dressy Thanksgiving dinner, sans the numbers 2013 on the table
- Thankful Thursday :: Thankful Heart Quote and Printable This quote was truly amazing. I created a Free printable of it using a photo I took of some fall Anemones. (Love them!)
Humbled and blessed.
What a lovely blessing to have been featured here:
Sew Mama Sew has a series this month called Handmade Holidays. I just know you’ll want to check out all the links to fabulous handmade goodness all over the web. And ya’ll (I know…I’m from Michigan.) my Paperback Book Christmas Trees Tutorial was included in today’s line-up.
As you know I enjoy doing a little partying at other blogs…a few of my posts were included in the features from the weekly link-ups here:
On a Personal Note
This has been an amazing week on the blog. I have absolutely no idea why….but the number of views on the blog has shot right up. A couple of days were close to the most views ever and then we zoomed right past that number. If you’ve been sharing posts, pinning, and sharing on social media, or praying….Thank you!! I’m certain that you play a key role in the growth here at An Extraordinary Day. Whatever good things you’ve done. Keep it up! 🙂 My heart is filled with gratitude to God.
So tell me…what good things have made your week?
Wishing you an Extraordinary weekend!
To receive FREE bits of inspiration like this
in your inbox or reader, subscribe now.
I’d be delighted if you’d share the goodness here with your friends.
Click any of the sharing buttons at the bottom.
P.S. If you’re a business owner or blogger…I am now selling sidebar ads. The monthly price is $20 for a 300 wide by 150 long ad or $35 for a 300×300 ad. This initial offering is for December with January as an additional month for free. Paypal payment will be required upfront. I have an engaged readership with nearly 46,000 monthly pageviews. Thank you so much for your consideration.
Sharing with these Extraordinary Spots:
Stroll Through Life + Cozy Little House + The Scoop + My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia + Cupcakes & Crinoline + Home Stories A to Z + Our Home Away from Home + All Things Christmas + Time Warp Wife + Not Just a Housewife + A Bowl Full of Lemons + Elizabeth & Co. + Carolyn’s Homework + Memories by the Mile + Savvy Southern Style + The DIY Dreamer + Clean & Scentsible + Oh My Creative + Green Willow Pond + Lavender Garden Cottage + DIY by Design + We are That Family + Someday Crafts + Fine Craft Guild + Rose Chintz Cottage + From My Front Porch to Yours + A Delightsome Life + No Minimalist Here + Joy Focused Learning + 52 Mantels + Bloom Designs + Embracing Change + Artsy Fartsy Mama + A Glimpse Inside + Made in a Day + The Life of Jennifer Dawn + Crafty Allie + Urbane Jane + Child at Heart