Today’s post is for my WordPress blogging friends.
If you’ve been blogging for any length of time, you’ve struggled with comment spam.
There is nothing I have disliked more than having to check the spam in my comment queue and dredge for the few true readers’ comments. In a blink of an eye there could be hundreds of spam comments.
Several months ago I shared a fix that worked for me. It took a total of three plugins to almost stop my comment spam.
There was one problem with my “fix.”
It also included turning off the comments to blog posts that were more than 90 days old.
Generally that isn’t a problem. However, I discovered that I had plenty of old posts I wanted to share at link parties. But, if I did, I’d get comments on my “about page” and who knows where, because comments were closed to those older posts.
I finally threw up my hands and searched for a solution.
And I found one.
Here is the description: “A powerful, user-friendly, all-in-one anti-spam plugin that eliminates comment spam & registration spam. Includes spam-blocking contact form.”
It’s a single plugin that I’ve been using for a few weeks and I have had NO spam to deal with. Okay…two got through…but those completely fooled me at first… as well. I love that my spam queue is always empty. Yippee!!
And what makes me even happier, is that I also gave up two or three anti-spam plugins that I had been using.
Just in case you don’t know…the fewer plugins you use, the better it is for your website. Plugins are usually where the hiccups happen.
Here’s my solution to Stop Comment Spam…
the WP-SpamShield Anti-Spam plugin.
And a screen shot.
If you don’t know how to add a plugin, here’s what you do…
- On your WP Dashboard…
- Scroll down to Plugins.
- With your cursor there, you’ll see a box to your right with more selections….click Add New to be taken to the Add New plugins page.
- At the Add Plugins page…see the Search box at the right.
- Type WP-Spamshield in the Search box and hit Enter.
- The WP-Spamshield box will display at the left…
- Click the Install Now button.
- A pop up box will appear and ask if you want to install….click YES…the pop up will go away.
- Look for the words successfully installed.
- Once you see the words successfully installed…click Activate Plugin.
- That’s it! You’re now protected against comment spam!
Now who’s doing the dance of joy?
Thanks for stopping by today.
I appreciate you and your sweet comments make my day.
If you enjoyed this post….please pass it on to your friends.
Wishing YOU an extraordinary day!
To receive FREE bits of inspiration like this
in your inbox or reader, subscribe now.