I love quick and effortless ways to make New Year’s gatherings spectacular.
And what’s easier than the addition of a little gold and sparkle?
If you’re entertaining this year, you’ll want to make New Year’s Eve spectacular with golden memories favors for your guests. My printable and tutorial will make it a 5 minute gift which can’t be beat. Whether you’ve put out the welcome mat for New Year’s Eve or you’re accepting an invitation out, you’ll love to share a plate of No-bake Classy Gold-beaded Treats.
And there’s more! My friend Jennifer of Celebrating Everyday Life invited me and my blogging friends to give you even more extraordinary ideas for ringing in the New Year with a 5-day blog hop. Later on, you’ll find links for their ideas too.
A New Year’s Eve Spectacular Golden Memories Favor Journal
You will love how quick and easy it is to put these together.
Here’s what you’ll need…
- A small sparkly gold notebook
- Tombow liquid glue or good paper crafting glue
- Download – 2016 Memories in the Making printable label
- Lightweight cardstock
- On your computer, size the 2016 Memories in the Making printable label to fit your notebook.
- Print as many copies of the label as you need on lightweight cardstock. I took mine to Staples and the technician sized them to 2.5″ wide by 2″ high… perfect! (Feel free to use Publisher or similar program to place several labels on a sheet for printing.)
- Cut out the label along the black line.
- Apply glue to the back of the label and position on the front of the notebook.
Place them on a pretty tray near your entry, so you can give one to each guest as they leave your New Year’s Eve party or place one at each place setting if you’re having a New Year’s dinner.
Instruct your recipients to keep their 2016 Memories in the Making journal in a handy place like a nightstand where they can write down a golden memory from their day. At the end of the year, they’ll be able to look back over the year and see all their wonderful blessings and experiences. Wouldn’t it be fun if everyone kept up their journal and brought them to the party next year? It would be amazing to hear a few highlights from each guest’s book of golden memories.
If you have time and want to make the favor extraordinary, package it in a cellophane bag with a gold pen and tie it up with a pretty golden ribbon.
Now that we have party favors wrapped up…
Let’s make some spectacular golden treats that won’t make a mess of the kitchen.
Classy No-Bake Gold-Beaded Treats
If you want your guests to think you slaved over these treats, you’ll have dust your nose with a little flour. These gold-beaded no-bake treats are a twist on an Oreo candy cookie we been blessed to receive for many Christmases.
I’ve never used candy melts (nor almond bark, either) and was pleasantly surprised to discover how fun and easy it was to use.
Here’s what you’ll need…
- Lemon Creme Oreo Cookies
- Wilton White Candy Melts (I used the 8 oz package (vanilla flavored) and coated the tops and sides of 17 cookies.)
- Wilton Sprinkles – Gold Sugar Beads (Note: the image show two other types of sprinkles, but I loved the beads best.)
- Microwave safe bowl – I used a glass 2-cup measuring cup
- Table knife
- Wax or Parchment paper
- Melt the candy coating in the microwave according to the instructions.
- Lay an Oreo cookie on a piece of wax/parchment paper.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon a large dollop of white vanilla coating on top of the cookie and then using the bottom of the spoon slowly swirl the spoon in the coating until it evenly covers the sides of the cookie.
- Immediately slip a table knife under the cookie and transfer it to a clean section of your wax/parchment paper.
- Quickly begin to decorate your cookie with the gold beads.
- When completed… transfer to another piece of wax/parchment paper which will be holding all the cookies until they are firmly set.
- Once they are all completed… serve on a pretty plate.
Both of these golden ideas will help you ring in the New Year with class, sparkle, and style. They are perfect for either New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day celebrations.
Stop here for another golden idea for your New Year’s gala.
Be sure to pop back each day…
Thanks for stopping by today… I can’t wait to hear your lovely thoughts!
Receive FREE inspiration like this in your inbox!
Sign up Now.