Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord;
let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before him with thanksgiving
and extol him with music and song.
For the Lord is the great God,
the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth,
and the mountain peaks belong to him.
The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands formed the dry land.
Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;
for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.
Thanksgiving in its truest form.
When we humble ourselves before our maker to acknowledge him and all he is and all he has done…with a grateful heart…we are complete. Whatever it is that we thought we needed….we have enough in him. Our perspective is refreshed. We can rest in the knowledge we are his and in his constant care.
Oh yes! My heart is filled. Overflowing with thanksgiving. Is yours?
It’s Joy Day!
…The day we count our blessings.
Will join me in counting just seven from the past week?
- For living within walking distance of the grocery store.
- For successfully completing the makeover of the sideboard.
- For sweet time of quiet and God’s presence.
- For a gorgeous drive through the mountains.
- For the loud purrs of my snuggly kitty.
- For perfect November weather to work outside.
- For the sound of voices raised in praise in community.
Okay…it’s your turn!
Count just seven blessings from your week.
But watch out! Because when you do, your joy meter will rise, and your attitude and outlook will be all the better too!!
Just scroll down to “Share Your Thought” below to join in.
To receive bits of inspiration like this in your inbox or reader, subscribe now.