I played with power tools this weekend.
Just two. But, one in particular got me totally excited.
I may or may not have posted something about it on Facebook.
One tool was a power miter saw. That wasn’t a big deal. I used to own one until I allowed some other people to use it and it came back to me in pieces. That’s a story for another day. Maybe.
I’ve always wanted to use a nail gun. I can’t tell you how fun it was. It made quick work of assembling the birch branches. But, you can make a wreath like this without power tools. So just for fun, I put together a simple tutorial…
How to Create a Birch Wreath
I know you want to make a wreath like this too.
If you have a spare hour, you can put one together and hang it in time for your Christmas gathering.
- Thin birch branches. We found ours after a recent windstorm.
- Evergreen cuttings & Winterberry…fresh or faux.
- Florist wire to tie evergreen and berries to birch branches.
- Power or hand saw to trim branches to size.
- Nail gun or hammer and long thin nails (screws and power screwdriver may also work) to assemble birch branches.
- Cut four branches to the desired length for the verticals and two shorter lengths for the horizontal branches.
- Lay your branches out in an appealing design.
- Using either a nail gun or hammer and nails or a power drill and screws…attach the birch branches together.
- Lay out your evergreens and berry twigs and cut them to size.
- Once your greens and berries are cut to size, discreetly wire them to the birch.
Hang your beautiful creation.
Yes…it’s really that easy.
The wreath was my contribution to this little vignette in the dining room at my friend’s home.
She assembled and created the decor for the top and front of the wine rack. After she had completed this lovely display, I knew that a birch wreath would be the perfect complement.
Here’s a view of the vignette at night.
Now that you know how to create a birch wreath….will you give it a try?
There is something really special about using these natural elements for Christmas decorating. I shared some of the symbolism of woodland elements for Christmas here.
On Christmas Eve’s eve are you ready?
Ready for the festivities and gift giving?
Ready to receive the best gift ever?
Wishing you joy and blessing for Christmas…
p.s. I really need your help to get our Facebook page up to 1000 fans. We surpassed 800 this week and I’d love it if we could hit 1000 before New Year’s Day. I know it’s a big challenge…would you help me?
- If you haven’t liked An Extraordinary Day on Facebook…please do it now! Thank YOU so much!!
- Right now Facebook isn’t giving photos much weight, so you may not be seeing them, and for that very reason I share more text updates. But, having said that, it’s often easier to share a photo than just text. So…if you see a text update from An Extraordinary Day in your feed…would you click on it and then find a photo you like on the page and share it?
- Better yet….invite your friends to like An Extraordinary Day, too.
Thanks for all your help with this. You make my day!!
To receive FREE bits of inspiration like this
in your inbox or reader, subscribe now.
I’d be delighted if you’d share the goodness here with your friends.
Click any of the sharing buttons at the bottom.
If you’re a business owner or blogger…I am now selling sidebar ads.
Please contact me for a great introductory offer.
Sharing with these Extraordinary Spots:
The Dedicated House + Cupcakes & Crinoline + Stone Gable + A Stroll Through Life + Cozy Little House + Home Stories A to Z + Kathe with an E + Lavender Garden Cottage + Carolyn’s Homework + A Bowl Full of Lemons + Mabe She Made It + Embracing Change + by Stephanie Lynn + Between Naps on the Porch + Rain on a Tin Roof + Mod Vintage Life + A Stroll Through Life + Cozy Little House + Coastal Charm + Savvy Southern Style + Our Home Away From Home + Stone Gable-The Scoop + Knick of Time + Kathe with an E + Cupcakes & Crinoline + My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia + Time Warp Wife + A Bowl Full of Lemons + Carolyn’s Homework + Memories by the Mile + No Minimalist Here + Someday Crafts + All Things with Purpose + Live Laugh Rowe + Living Well Spending Less + Bloom Designs + Embracing Change + A Glimpse Inside + The Self Sufficient Home Acre + Jennifer Rizzo + Common Ground + The Charm of Home + Rooted in Thyme + French Country Cottage + The Trifty Groove + Redoux Interiors + Shabby Art Boutique + A Delightsome Life + Craft Dictator + Imparting Grace + My Romantic Home + The Girl Creative + Fresh Cut Friday + Tidy Mom + Liz Marie + Tater Tots & Jello + Funky Junk Interiors + Little Miss Celebration + Patriotic Pam Twigg Studios + Nifty Thrifty Things + The Tablescaper + Life on Lakeshore Drive + Suburbs Mama + Flamingo Toes + DIY Showoff + Dream a Little Bigger + I Should be Mopping the Floor + A Pinch of JOY + Boogieboard Cottage + Craft o Maniac + Uncommon Designs + Dwellings + Frugal Foodie Mama + Carrie This Home + by Stephanie Lynn + Between Naps on the Porch + Mad in Crafts + Rain on a Tin Roof + Mod Vintage Life + Coastal Charm