Whether your relationship with your mom was good or not-so-good…
on Mother’s Day or any day, giving thanks for mom is the best way to honor her.
I give thanks to my God upon every remembrance of you.
Happy Mother’s Day!
Having said that, I know too well that Mother’s Day is NOT a joyful day of celebration for a lot of people. Some of us were not blessed with knowing our mother, or having a good relationship with her. Some have miscarried or had children die prematurely. And some of us did not have children for a host of reasons. Any of these and other reasons may make a Mother’s Day celebration painful. So, if your heart hurts today for this loss of motherhood….know you are not alone….and you are being lifted up to the Father in prayer. I wish I could give you the biggest hug to let you know I understand, and I care.
Today is Joy Day!
Want joy? Giving thanks is one of best ways I know to get joy. Giving thanks is a game-changer. It makes a bad day good, it takes an ordinary day and makes it extraordinary.
Join me in looking back over the past week and counting ‘seven’ – both the good and the not-so-good.
Thank you God for…
- a mom who was good at needlework and inspired me to craft.
- friends who faithfully pray.
- a single brief interview and being told he was going on the shortlist. Yay! for a next step.
- extraordinary grace offered for no reason at all…truly a miracle!
- a fun walk discovering hidden flowers.
- strawberries and biscuits and cream….my favorite!!
- a wonderful afternoon taking photos at the park…especially of the new goslings.
Now it’s YOUR turn!!
Join me in counting ‘seven.’
Scroll down to the comment section…Share Your Extraordinary Thoughts….and list your ‘seven.’
I dare you!
Want even more joy? Take the Joy Dare here.
Thank you for stopping by today.
I appreciate you and your sweet comments make my day.
To receive FREE bits of inspiration like this
in your inbox or reader, subscribe now.
I’d be delighted if you’d share the goodness here with your friends.
Click any of the sharing buttons at the bottom.