Are you looking for a family friendly sweet treat for the grand finale to the big dinner?
How about dessert that you can pretty much make ahead, quickly assemble, and then serve with great aplomb?
I’ve got just the thing for you…
A snowman sundae is sure to be a hit. I love that there’s no baking involved. It’s really more like craft project dessert.
If there’s a children’s Christmas party on your calendar, you can even let the kids do everything except scoop the ice cream. They’ll have a ton of fun creating their own snowman sundaes, for sure!
Before I share this super easy “recipe” with you…
I want to let you know that at the end of the post you’ll find 33 more Christmas Sweet Treats for your holiday repertoire.
How to make Snowman Sundaes
- Vanilla ice cream (snowman body)
- Large marshmallows (snowman head)
- Betty Crocker black icing in a tube (eyes & mouth)
- Orange slices (“carrot” nose)
- Maraschino cherries with stems (hat)
- Craisins or chocolate chips (buttons)
- Mini candy canes (arms)
- Ahead of time scoop a large scoop of ice cream for each serving, place on a tray so the scoops don’t touch.
- Chill small dessert bowls.
- Make the snowman faces on the marshmallows:
- Cut tiny wedges from the orange slices and stick them on the center of the marshmallows. You might have to press down firmly, but they’re sticky so they’ll stick.
- Add eyes and mouth with the black icing, using a light touch.
- Set aside until it’s serving time.
- Carefully break the hook off the candy canes.
- Cut craisins in half for buttons
- Rinse and dry maraschino cherries and trim a flat spot on the bottom so the cherry will set on the marshmallow top later.
- When you’re ready to serve dessert…
- Place a vanilla scoop in each bowl
- Add craisins to the scoop in a vertical row for buttons
- Place candy canes at angles for the snowman’s arms
- Add marshmallow head to top of ice cream scoop, pressing down firmly
- Add maraschino cherry to the top of the marshmallow head, pressing down firmly
Serve… and be prepared for cheering and shouts of joy!
What’s your favorite ice cream dessert?
If you’re looking for more extraordinary Christmas sweets, you’re in for a treat!
Get your pinning finger ready….
I’m joining 34 extraordinary bloggers for a
Sweets & Treats Blog Hop
Candy Cane Marshmallow Treats from My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia
Peppermint Chocolate Cream Pie from Domestically Speaking
Cake Mix in a Mug Gift from Cupcakes and Crinoline
Peppermint S’Mores Brownies from Yellow Bliss Road
Chocolate Toffee Bark from Setting for Four
My Favorite Sugar Cookies from Stone Gable
Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Dip from A Pumpkin & A Princess
Christmas Snowman Sundaes from An Extraordinary Day
White Chocolate Gingerbread Mocha Mix from Twelve O Eight
Rocky Road Candy from A Night Owl
The Original Fantasy Fudge from At The Picket Fence
White Chocolate Macadamia Cranberry Bark from Lemon Tree Dwelling
Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows from Mom 4 Real
Tiger Butter Bark from Uncommon Designs
The Easiest Holiday Cookie Ever from Top This Top That
Christmas Ornament Cupcakes from Sweet Rose Studio
Frosted Peppermint Brownies from Lolly Jane
Carrot Cake Mix Cookies from Sweet C’s Designs
Peppermint Donuts from Yesterday on Tuesday
Gluten Free Rum Cake from Inspiration for Moms
Caramel Popcorn Chocolate Bark from Clean and Scentsible
Andes Fudge from Eclectic Mom Sense
Chocolate Candies from French Country Cottage
Christmas Parfait from Clever Pink Pirate
Salted Caramels from Frenchie
Cranberry Bliss Bars from Food, Folks and Fun
Peppermint Bark Candy from Live Laugh Rowe
Cinnamon Rolls from Unskinny Boppy
Banana Caramel Crunch Bites from Nibbles By Nic
Apricot Pockets from Redhead Can Decorate
Rocky Road Fudge from Ella Claire
Peppermint Chocolate Fudge from Crazy Little Projects
Triple Chocolate Peanut Clusters from Major Hoff Takes A Wife
Christmas Trifle from Town and Country Living
Follow me and see all the sweet treats I’m pinning to
my Delectable Sweets Delights Board on Pinterest.
Do you have a favorite Christmas Sweet or Treat that you’d like to share?
Join us Monday for our Christmas Sweets and Treats Linky Party!
Thank you for stopping by today!
If you enjoyed this post… please pass it on to your friends.
Click any of the sharing buttons at the bottom.
Best wishes for an Extraordinary season of Christmas!
To receive FREE bits of inspiration like this
in your inbox or reader, subscribe now.
*AnExtraordinaryDay.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program,
an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising
fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com