It seems people fall into three categories: Love it. Indifferent. Hate it.
Like most holidays… we bring baggage to the day that colors the way we see it. The twist with Valentine’s Day is that it’s about love and romance. And others say it’s just a commercial holiday that puts pressure on us. Where do you fall on the Valentine’s Day continuum?
I decided that Valentine’s Day is a great time to shower love and kindness on our friends and family.
Those who are indifferent or hate the day… I’ve never seen them protest a thoughtful gift. And the lovers…. they eat up all things Valentine.
Since I would like to bless my friends with a little gift, I decided to do something that’s really quick and easy to put together, fairly inexpensive, and create a printable so you can do the same.
Easy S’mores Valentine Gift in a Mason Jar
and Printable Gift Tags
Here’s what you’ll need to create your own…
Note: this list contains affiliate links for your convenience.
- Pint-sized Ball Mason Jars with Lids
- Bakers’ Twine
- Plain White Paper (I used Gift Wrap)
- S’mores Gift Tag Printables (Download here and print on card stock at home or take to office supply store for printing.)
- Glue or Mounting Squares
- Mixing Bowl
- Teddy Grahams (I used Chocolatey Chip)
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Drops
- Mini Marshmallows
- Valentine Milk Chocolate M&M’s
- Wash and dry your Pint-sized Ball Jars.
- Print out your S’mores Gift Tag Printables and cut out with a scissors or paper trimmer. (Which one is your favorite? Mine is the black and white floral… it was so fun to create.)
- Lay out your choice of paper for the top of the jar lid. I used wrapping paper because it was handy and its semi gloss sheen gives a nice finished look.
- Lay your Ball jar lid on top of the paper and trace around with a pencil. Do this for each jar you plan to fill. (Step 1)
- Cut out the paper round. (Step 2)
- Optional – use Mounting Squares or a dab of glue to secure your paper round to the top of the lid. (Step 3)
- Slip the paper round and lid into the ring of the jar. (Step 4)
- Empty the Teddy Grahams, M&M’s, Mini Marshmallows, and Hershey Dots in a large mixing bowl and toss lightly to mix.
- Gently fill the mason jars with the S’mores Snack Mix… being careful to get the ingredients fairly evenly dispersed.
- Use a paper punch or scissors to poke a hanging hole in the top of your S’mores Gift Tags
- Wind Bakers’ Twine around the jar twice and tie on the Gift Tags.
Voila! You have a fun, fabulous, and tasty treat for friends, teachers, co-workers, and those you love…
Easy S’mores Valentine Gifts in a Mason Jar
Check this round up of my past Valentine’s Day decorating posts…
Today I’m joining with a wonderful group of bloggers
to bring you our monthly series…
Mason Jar Monday
This monthly blog hop is dedicated to projects and recipes in a… you got it!
Please visit my friends’ blogs to see their Valentine inspiration in a Mason Jar!
Thanks for stopping by today… I can’t wait to hear your lovely thoughts!
Receive FREE inspiration like this in your inbox!
Sign up Now.